Videos for Parents and Caregivers
It’s so important for parents and caregivers to connect with children and have meaningful conversations as often as possible. We also understand the demands placed on parents and caregivers on a daily basis. This resource section has videos, tips, and articles to make it easier for you to access tools to help build stronger connections and social emotional skills.
Our “I’m Okay, We’re Okay” informational video series and resources helps you build your own social and emotional skills and be the best partner you can be for your kiddos!
Mindfulness – For you and for your kiddos, with Colette DeHarpporte, certified Mindfulness Instructor and founder of Laser Classroom
Other videos in the “I’m Okay, We’re Okay” parent video series include:
Developing Resilience for Now and for Life with Shannon Murphy Robinson, Owner and Co-Founder of BrainSkills@Work and mother to 3 great kids. Shannon also shares a printable resource with us: 10 Quick Tools to Keep the Higher (Thinking) Brain Online.
Partners in Coping (when experiencing stress) with Kate Wessel, a licensed social worker within schools and the community and mother to a “pandemic preschooler.”
Some of Our Favorite Articles
- Technology and children’s relationships Connection Zoo® is a great screen-free play option!
- Cognitive and developmental advantages of traditional (physical) toys The American Academy of Pediatrics encourages play that brings parents and children together. Connection Zoo® can make that happen!
- Kids’ code word for “I’m anxious” Connection Zoo® can give your kids words to express what they’re experiencing
- Ways to support your socially worried child Playing with Connection Zoo® is one way!
- 5 Phrases to Avoid Using with your Child (and 5 Alternatives) How you respond matters!
- Social anxiety and the role of parents How you show up matters!