As educators, you play a key role in teaching social and emotional skills to kids!
We know social and emotional skills are critical for children’s well-being and success. Make learning these powerful life skills fun and easy!
Connection Zoo® supplements your academic curriculum to help kids increase awareness of their feelings and behaviors, practice calming techniques and reflective thinking, learn social skills and build a support team. For a virtual classroom experience, use the presentation in the digital library to introduce Connection Zoo to your students and engage them in conversation.
Use 1:1, with small or large groups. It’s playful learning that connects.
Also available are parent, parent/child, and staff workshops as well as an onsite Connection Zoo experience. For more information on these learning experiences, please use the Contact Us form.
SEL isn’t one more thing on your plate. It is the plate.
As an educator and the parent of a special needs son, I was thrilled to have the opportunity to work with Connection Zoo®! I was amazed how much dialogue the cards brought about with my kids in class. They opened up about their feelings and experiences, and it created a very relaxed discussion atmosphere. After each use, I felt closer to and more bonded with my students.
-Cassy (Montessori Directress and Administrator)
Teachers, Social Workers, Counselors, Occupational Therapists, School Psychologists:
We heard you and know that you are…
- Invested in both the cognitive and social development of your students
- Looking for Social Emotional Learning (SEL) tools that:
- are easy to use and don’t require a lot of planning
- you can easily incorporate into your lessons and daily classroom routines, whether you have 3 minutes or 15 minutes
- you can use with kids of all abilities, 1 on1 and with small or large groups
Connection Zoo® provides you with the tools and guidance you need to teach SEL without having to attend long certification programs or read lengthy instruction guides.
Parents, teachers and administrators agree
“Social & emotional learning is as important as academic learning,” according to the 2018 McGraw-Hill Social and Emotional Learning Report
What happens when kids strengthen their social and emotional awareness and skills?
- Ability to better understand and relate with others
- More positive attitudes toward self, others, tasks
- More positive social behaviors
- Ability to make sound choices
- Greater confidence and persistence
- Decreased emotional stress, anxiety, depression
- Improved performance (including school test scores, grades, and attendance)
Connection Zoo® teaches Social and Emotional Learning Competencies: Self-Awareness, Social Awareness, Self-Management and Relationship Skills.
According to Patricia Jennings, Professor of Education at University of Virginia, “…students with strong SEL skills and feelings of connection with their teachers and peers are more likely to manage their stress effectively, engage in instruction and learn successfully.”