How does Connection Zoo™ work?
Kids love animals, so they get excited to learn about the animals in Connection Zoo™.
Each Connection Zoo™ animal is associated with a different aspect of the anxiety experience. This helps kids identify what they’re experiencing, gives them a vocabulary to talk about it, and opportunities to practice calming techniques and social skills.
Having a support team is so important (for all of us)! We encourage kids to invite people they trust to learn about their animals (they can use the Zoo Tickets to do that). In addition to talking about their animals with you, they may invite a teacher, neighbor or coach. The Support Team card provides questions to discuss that can help kids determine who they might want to have on their support team.
We suggest 4 ways to play (Instruction cards), but you should feel free to play any way that works for you!
Regular use of Connection Zoo™ helps your child proactively build a lifelong practice of self-management. So when they are faced with worry or anxiety, they will have go-to skills to more effectively and confidently manage the situation and to help them feel successful. With multiple ways to play and a cool carrying case, we make it easier for you to build that practice.
Check our our How to Play video
What makes Connection Zoo™ different from other products?
- Not just another game! Incorporates principles of play therapy and animal therapy
- Multiple ways to play and individualize for your family’s unique needs
- Easy to incorporate into routines – mealtime, bedtime, travel time with carrying case for on-the-go
- Soft touch cards for an enhanced sensory experience
- Teaches and rewards conversation & skill-building rather than competitive play with winners and losers
- Regular, proactive use builds lifelong self-management practices
- Purchase gives you and your kids access to additional content and activities