Connect with your kids when they need it most. Talk to your kids about how they’re feeling.
We want our kids to talk to us. Studies show they want that too, especially when they’re stressed.
But children don’t say “I’m having a hard time, can we talk?” They say, “Will you play with me?” Play is the natural language of children—and with Connection Zoo® you can use play-based learning to connect with your kids and give them the confidence and skills to thrive, not just survive.
You get the connection you want while helping them build lifelong self-management skills.
Using Connection Zoo® as a family gives us the opportunity to play together, share experiences and normalize the conversation about emotions and anxiety. The multiple ways of playing allow us to personalize for our family and modify based on how much time we have available. We love the look and feel of the cards. It’s very appealing and differential, and we like the realistic animal images. -Parent
Resources just for you!
- Technology and children’s relationships Connection Zoo® is a great screen-free play option!
- Cognitive and developmental advantages of traditional (physical) toys The American Academy of Pediatrics encourages play that brings parents and children together. Connection Zoo® can make that happen!
- Kids’ code word for “I’m anxious” Connection Zoo® can give your kids words to express what they’re experiencing
- Ways to support your socially worried child Playing with Connection Zoo® is one way!
- 5 Phrases to Avoid Using with your Child (and 5 Alternatives) How you respond matters!
- Social anxiety and the role of parents How you show up matters!