Personal Message to Parents
What makes Connection ZooTM different from other products?
- Not just another game! Incorporates principles of play therapy and animal therapy
- Multiple ways to play and individualize for your family’s unique needs
- Easy to incorporate into routines – mealtime, bedtime, travel time with carrying case for on-the-go
- Soft touch cards for an enhanced sensory experience
- Teaches and rewards conversation & skill-building rather than competitive play with winners and losers
- Regular, proactive use builds lifelong self-management practices
- Purchase gives you and your kids access to additional content and activities
- Social connection improves health, well-being and longevity
- Technology and children’s relationships Connection ZooTM is a great screen-free play option!
- Cognitive and developmental advantages of traditional (physical) toys The American Academy of Pediatrics encourages play that brings parents and children together. Connection ZooTM can make that happen!
- Don’t underestimate the importance of play! It’s important for development, and it’s fun!
- Kids’ code word for “I’m anxious” Connection ZooTM can give your kids words to express what they’re experiencing
- Ways to support your socially worried child. Playing with Connection ZooTM is one way!
- 5 Phrases to Avoid Using with your Child (and 5 Alternatives) How you respond matters!
- Social anxiety and the role of parents
- Studies show these two skills may matter more than intelligence Connection ZooTM can provide a regular skill-building practice
- Goodbye Anxiety, Hello Joy, Colleen Wildenhaus (Author: Helping Children Manage Anxiety at School)
- Child Mind Institute
Other Great Resources
- Insight Timer App – Love this! They continue to add kid’s meditations that are really great! Oh…and it’s FREE!
- Social and Emotional Learning (SEL) Competencies by CASEL (Collaborative for Academic, Social, and Emotional Learning)
- Social Skills List
- Anxiety Symptoms List