Parenting is hard and so is being a kid!
We want our kids to talk to us. Studies show they want that too, especially when they’re stressed. Connection Zoo™ gives your kids the words to talk with you about the social stress and worry they’re experiencing.
Teach kids social, emotional and self-management skills doing something they love – PLAY – with something they love – ANIMALS! When played regularly, Connection Zoo™ helps proactively develop awareness and self-management practices, so when your kiddo’s worry or anxiety shows up, they are equipped and ready to succeed!
Be the hero in your kiddo’s life!
When little people are overwhelmed by big emotions, it’s our job to share our calm, not join their chaos. ~LR Knost
Message for Parents - How you show up matters!
- Technology and children’s relationships Connection ZooTM is a great screen-free play option!
- Cognitive and developmental advantages of traditional (physical) toys The American Academy of Pediatrics encourages play that brings parents and children together. Connection ZooTM can make that happen!
- Kids’ code word for “I’m anxious” Connection ZooTM can give your kids words to express what they’re experiencing
- Ways to support your socially worried child. Playing with Connection ZooTM is one way!
- 5 Phrases to Avoid Using with your Child (and 5 Alternatives) How you respond matters!
- Social anxiety and the role of parents
- Goodbye Anxiety, Hello Joy, Colleen Wildenhaus (Author: Helping Children Manage Anxiety at School)
- Child Mind Institute
Other Great Resources
- Insight Timer App – Love this! They continue to add kid’s meditations that are really great! Oh…and it’s FREE!
- Social and Emotional Learning (SEL) Competencies by CASEL (Collaborative for Academic, Social, and Emotional Learning)
- Anxiety Symptoms List